The DT-300 Series Dual Technology Ceiling Sensors combine the benefits of passive infrared (PIR) and ultrasonic technologies to detect occupancy. Sensors have a flat, unobtrusive appearance and provide 360 degrees of coverage.
Low voltage DT-300 Series sensors utilize a Wattstopper power pack to turn lights on when both PIR and ultrasonic technologies detect occupancy. They can also work with a low voltage switch for manual-on operation. PIR technology senses motion via a change in infrared energy within the controlled area, whereas ultrasonic uses 40KHz high frequency ultrasound. Once lights are on, detection by either technology holds them on. When no occupancy is detected for the length of the time delay, lights turns off. DT-300 Series Sensors can also be set to trigger lights on when either technology or both detect occupancy, or to require both technologies to hold lighting on.
Time Delay Options:
The DT-300 is factory set for a 20 minute time delay, ideal for both energy savings and user satisfaction in most applications. Installers can quickly select other fixed time delays (5, 10, 15 or 30 minutes) via DIP switches. Fixed time delays eliminate the occupant dissatisfaction associated with an automatically adjusted time delay option, and reduce callbacks. Walk-through mode may be enabled for added energy savings in spaces with frequent transient traffic.
DT-300 Series Dual Technology Sensors have the flexibility to work in a variety of applications, where one technology alone could cause false triggers. Ideal applications include classrooms, open office spaces, large offices and computer rooms. The DT-300 Series mounting system makes them easy to install in ceiling tiles or to junction boxes, providing the flexibility to be used in a wide range of spaces.
• Advanced control logic based on RISC microcontroller provides:
– Detection Signature Processing eliminates false triggers and provides immunity to RFI and EMI
– Walk-through mode turns lights off three minutes after the area is initially occupied
– ideal for brief visits such as mail delivery
– Available with built-in light level sensor featuring simple, one-step setup
• Sensors work with low-voltage momentary switches to provide manual control
• Patented ultrasonic diffusion technology spreads coverage to a wider area
• LEDs indicate occupancy detection
• Uses plug terminal wiring system for quick and easy installation
• Eight occupancy logic options provide the ability to customize control to meet application needs
• Available with isolated relay for integration with BAS or HVAC
• BAA/TAA-compliant models available
• Sensor coverage tested to NEMA Guide Publication WD 7-2000